Re: [Shop-talk] Rats and Mice

To: <malaboge@aol.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Rats and Mice
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 06:45:28 -0400
Nick one of the things you have to do with the electronic zappers is to
"sanitize" them after two or three "hits".....take the batteries out. Put
about an inch of hot water in pan. A little soap and bleach. Set the zapper
in there for a few minutes and maybe even use a bottle brush to scrub the
metal floor. Rinse it. Dry it thoroughly before resetting it.

When they get zapped the little critters "piddle" on the metal plate and
pretty soon their buddies get the picture.

Yes, they are incredibly smart. One time I was using the Decon stuff in a
house. I kept noticing that the amount of bait in the trap was diminishing
and so I thought I was making progress. A few days later I went to put on a
pair of shoes that had been in a nearby closet and found all of the bait in
a toe of the shoe. Not only are they smart, they are vindictive!

The reason I have had so much experience with mice and pack rats is that we
have a ranch in Kansas. We only use the house and barns there two months of
the year (the critters use it all 12 months!). When we arrive we spend the
first week getting rid of the rodents. Fortunately we only have mice in the
house and the rats take up residence in the barns.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums