Re: [Shop-talk] Car dealer tomfoolery and Costco Auto Buyer program

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Car dealer tomfoolery and Costco Auto Buyer program
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:41:29 -0600
I knew a fellow years ago who volunteered at a Suicide prevention hot
line. Everyone there used a fake name. I can understand that more than I
can a sales person doing it.

I also know the owner of a business who tells sales people who cold call
him that they need to speak with Mr. James, who isn't there at the
moment. Any calls that come in for Mr. James are told that he is not
there. This continues a few times until they give up. His rationale is
that if a cold caller gets a real name that they spread it around to
other cold callers, but if they don't get through to the person "in
charge", they don't.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Mark J Bradakis, On 3/3/2010 1:15 PM: