Re: [Shop-talk] Socket organizers?

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket organizers?
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:16:36 -0600
*Obviously, everyone has an idea on socket "storage" and over 50 years, I've
tried most of them.  For the last 6 - 8 years, I've been happiest with this:
*

*I bought a huge restaurant-style muffin pan at a salvage store; the big 4
inch muffin size.  I cleaned it and painted it white and labeled each of the
24 cups for a size: 3/8", 7/16", 1/2" etc., and then put all sockets of that
size in the cup.  I'll have 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drive sockets , short and
tall, ALL in the same cup in some instances and that's fine:  I go to the
drawer for a certain size socket and I can pick the drive size appropriate.*
**
*It lacks portability but I have a "carrybox" for out-of-shop use.  Metrics
and "weirdos" go in another drawer.*
**
*Just another concept to consider.*
*Tony*