[Shop-talk] Downsizing tools and maximizing garage space

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Downsizing tools and maximizing garage space
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 19:11:30 -0600
I have come to the conclusion I want a second "toy" in the garage ( I
think a Saab 900 Turbo convertible) and one of the wife's biggest
objections is how I am going to fit it and the Healey in my 20x20
garage.

It occured to me that I have lots of tools I just don't use, and many
I may be able to downsize.   What would you list as your bare
essentials of tools.  I am thinking a full set of hand tools, work
bench, vice, shop vac, air compressor, jack, stands, chocks,
electrical testers and lots of lights.  I am not going to do body work
again on my own, and specilized stuff like engine hoists can be rented
or borrowed.

I have drawn up a floorplan maximizing untaped wall and ceiling space
to shelve and clear as much of the floor as possiblie.  Anything else
I need to put on the essential list. I know the blast cabinet is going
and the air compressor will be downsized
Thanks
Patton

Sent from my iPod