Re: [Shop-talk] Web based PLC

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>, <eric@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Web based PLC
From: "gordies garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 03:43:26 -0500
You may be able to modify an old Time Commander from JDS Technologies
(jdstechnologies.com).  I don't think they manufacturer the Time Commander
anymore, however, it is an X-10 based PLC and contains dry contacts that
will perform an action based upon a contact closure (float switch).  In
stock form it sends an X-10 signal to a module that initiates the action
(start the pump).  I've used it to perform other actions when the doorbell
button is pushed.  Although not web based, there is software from
Homeseer.com that allows web based control.  Might check ebay and such for
the actual unit.  I have an old Time Commander Plus around somewhere (it
includes analog-digital inputs).  Even if you can't figure out web based
control, it would at least not carry current if you have to hard wire it.
You could probably pick one up fairly cheap.
Hope this helps.

Gordie