Re: [Shop-talk] Scotch-locks and T-Taps

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Scotch-locks and T-Taps
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:41:44 -0500
David,

OK, I guess there are scotchlok connectors that
do other things than join into a wire in a "T"
fashion.  But it still doesn't explain to me the
distinction being made in the manual.  Any
comments would apply to all insulation displacing
connectors, not just the "T" ones, I would
think.  So I guess I'm still confused.  There are
already plenty of flame wars out there about
using these for alarm and stereo
installations.  I was hoping not to start another
one.  I would like to understand the terminology,
though.  BTW, there are also these things called
posi-locks that some claim are better.  Check out: www.posi-lock.com.

-Steve