Re: [Shop-talk] HF Tire changer.

To: sdillen@telus.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HF Tire changer.
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:02:15 -0800
Don't knock it if you haven't tried it :-)
It's the same principle as when we use penetrant on frozen bolts and
nuts.  If it works on bolts it should (and in my experience does) work
on tire beads.  Not fast, usually, and neither is Kroil on bolts.

With a tire changer, working the bead breaker flexes the bead and
helps the lube penetrate.

If a bead is stuck, it probably isn't stuck evenly over every square
millimeter of its surface and the lube will work in via any
opportunity.

-Roland
a somewhat successful user of the HF Tire-Changer