Re: [Shop-talk] window replacement

To: "'Rich White'" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, <jniolon@bham.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] window replacement
From: "Robert Nogueira" <nogera2@att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:00:49 -0600
Several years ago I went to a Pella Window store to see about buying five
windows. The only person on the sales floor was the receptionist who told me
it would be about twenty minutes before someone could help me as all the
salesmen were in a sales meeting with the manager.

I told her to go into the meeting and tell him someone was outside waiting
to buy some windows. She responded, " Oh I couldn't interrupt a sales
meeting, he gets really upset if anyone interrupts a sales meeting".

I asked for a piece of paper and wrote him the following note;

 " Came by  to purchase some windows. Sorry I missed you. Hope you taught
your sales staff how to sell windows. On my way down the street to Window
World."

I later sent a letter to Pella and got a form letter in response that
pointedly did not address a single concern I had relayed in my letter but
simply asked me to buy Pella windows.

Bob Nogueira

PS The Window World windows turned out to be great windows.