Re: [Shop-talk] window replacement

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] window replacement
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:01:25 -0800 (PST)
My house has well-made early 70's sash windows with add-on triple-track storm
windows.  They are not falling apart, but I have considered modernizing some of
them for energy efficiency and easier cleaning.

But it is probably not worth it from just the energy-saving perspective, and I
would not be happy if the windows were smaller or looked funny or if the trim
got messed up.    But on many of the windows, the add-on storm window frame
opening is a bit smaller than the window glass area, so smaller windows without
storms might let in just as much light.

Doug