Re: [Shop-talk] Garden Tool Hangers

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garden Tool Hangers
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:13:18 -0500
Actually, this is one area that I found that the cheapy method of nails in
the wall with a drill to make a hole int he handle is best.

Seriously, I have no found a single one of these systems that can store AS
much or AS nicely as a well thought out custom system.

Here is what I did...

Lay all the stuff you want to hang on the wall on the floor.  Organize it
so it takes up the least amoutn of space.  Dont' forget to make use of
"dead space"  (i.e. a sledgehammer should go next to a pick axe in the
space that the pick extends to the side.

Once you have everything laid out, lay a 2X4 or a few over the tops of the
handles.  Now mark and drill the handles and put nails in the board.

Hang the board from the wall and place the items on the nails.  i recommend
labling the nails so you can tell at a glace what tool is missing, or you
can put them back in the exact place if you have more than on out at a
time.

It really is hard to explain (for me) but the process is SUPER simple, dirt
cheap, and the best use of space.

Moose
bBe as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.b Ralph
Waldo Emerson