Re: [Shop-talk] Garden Tool Hangers

To: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garden Tool Hangers
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:40:29 -0500
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 2:23 AM, Rush <jdrush@enter.net> wrote:

> What are your favorite hangers for garden tools? I have the gray Suncast
> organizers http://www.suncast.com/productdisplay.aspx?id=169&pid=61, but
> they are too inflexible and take up a lot of wall space for the amount of
> tools they hold.

1"X 4" boards screwed into the studs, with nails to than things from.
Cheap.  flexible.
Put two up, one about 18" or 2' higher.  hang handled tools from that, and
shorter things like shovels from the other one.  If you're really into it,
cut out the drywall, and mount the boards flush.  (That wouldn't be code
most places on a wall that adjoins living space, though.)

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com