Re: [Shop-talk] Garden Tool Hangers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garden Tool Hangers
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:01:25 -0500
At 02:23 AM 11/2/2009, Rush wrote:

 >What are your favorite hangers for garden tools?...

I have a finished garage with a room over garage.  So I usually just
screw a 2x4
to the wall, then use  either screw hooks, nails, or dry wall screws for my
hangers.  Inexpensive, and changeable.  I've also made small shelves
using a 2x4
pieces, cutting a 45deg angle, counter sinking holes into the 45deg face, and
laying strips of plywood on them.

I also suspended some shelves from the ceiling.  I had to cut some holes in my
ceiling drywall and dropped 2x4s from the ceiling, lag bolt 2x4s to the walls,
and then using metal 2x4 hangers, made shelves.  All my shelves are 4' long
by 2' wide.  So I get 4 shelves out of a sheet of plywood.

I also have a V shaped truss in my attic of the house, and put shelving in the
attic.

If anyone wants pictures of what I've done, email me and I'll email you some
pictures.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229