Re: [Shop-talk] HF Tire Changer

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HF Tire Changer
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 08:04:07 -0400
At 10:03 PM 10/8/2009, Jim Stone wrote:

 >... For $50, I'm thinking about buying an HF tire changer

 >  (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=34542)

 >and doing the work myself.  I can then easily take them to the
recycling center,
 >although I don't know if there is a consumer charge for turning them in.

Jim,

You might check your area and see if you have a Community college that has an
automotive course, or even one of the commercial schools like ATI, ECPI.  Run
by there and see if they'll break them down for you.  Usually,
they'll take jobs
like that to give the students something to do, and to learn to use
the equipment.

John
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229