Re: [Shop-talk] mower engine issue

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] mower engine issue
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:41:31 -0400
On Aug 25, 2009, at 9:00 AM, scott.hall@comcast.net wrote:

> if it's used to maintain a fairly constant engine speed, well...like
> randall said, why do I want that? I can just scrap the whole
> assembly and hook the throttle cable from the pedal to the carb
> plate? or does it actually run better (or only) with that thing on
> there? now that you guys mention it, the cable isn't hooked up to
> the throttle plate at all. like you said, it seems to be
> 'suggesting' a speed. well, that's no fun in a cart.

It'll be crisper with a direct connection and should run just fine.
Depending on the carb size, it may bog slightly if you floor it too
fast; the governor damps that action a bit.

Worst that can happen is you blow the motor, or run the cable
incorrectly and the throttle sticks and you plow into a wall.

jim