Re: [Shop-talk] Cable requirements

To: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cable requirements
From: Ben Zwissler <bjzwissler@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:52:31 -0400
Yes, but ampacity is the amp carrying capacity without considering
voltage drop.  Considering voltage drop and buried/conduit the chart in
my 20 year old "Wiring Simplified 34th Ed" says you need #4 for 60 amp
220 and a one way distance of more than 95 feet to less than 150 feet.
If you go smaller, the wire will be OK but you'll have larger voltage
drop than recommended.

Same disclaimer, not an electrician, just reading from my book.....

Ben.....

Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler@gmail.com
Columbus, IN