[Shop-talk] Cable requirements

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Cable requirements
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:34:18 -0400
OK, I want to add electricity to an outbuilding.

I was thinking 60amp circuit (just enough for lights, a few plugs for
chargers, and maybe a garage door opener in the future.)

Here is the set up.  My shop has 200amp service.  The service panel is on
the exact opposite side of the building as the new building.  So I would
have about a 50' run, inside the existing shop, then a 65' run of buried
cable to the new building.

A few questions...

One, what gauge wire do I need to run?

Should I do direct bury wire or conduit?

Am I missing anything?

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.