Re: [Shop-talk] Brush trimmer tales of woe

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brush trimmer tales of woe
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:11:53 -0700
> A warning someplace a normal person would see it would be the minimum
> IMHO,
> and in this case a sticker on the tank or fuel cap would seem to be in
> order.

I'm not really disagreeing with you Karl, just observing that the octane
requirements for my car are equally buried in the owner's manual.

My string trimmer is an old Home-heavy, and it doesn't even mention the need
for oil on the fuel tank cap.  In fact, you've got to be pretty familiar
with it to even realize that the black knob on the handle is the fuel tank
cap (the hollow handle doubles as the fuel tank).  I don't remember there
being an octane requirement even in the manual, but I'm sure it has some
minimum octane required for long life.

As to the quality of Echo products, I have no idea.  But I do note that
their web site boasts of their new "patented" engine technology; and another
site mentions 20% more torque from only 5% more displacement.  Sounds like a
high compression hotrod engine to me.

-- Randall