Re: [Shop-talk] Brush trimmer tales of woe

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brush trimmer tales of woe
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 11:50:49 -0400
Karl Vacek wrote:
> .... read the fine print somewhere in the middle of the manual that
> tells you to use 89 octane gas, never use any gas more than 90 days old,
> and always use their oil - never any other kind.

What's with the gas thing?  Is it higher or lower octane that is
harmful?  I have a friend that used to own a power equipment repair biz
that swears you should only run the highest octane in them.

On a side note -- He was in an accident years ago and is about 99%
blind, but still does a damn good job at carb rebuilding!  Says after
the 1,000th one he doesn't really need to see them to do it.

-Wayne