Re: [Shop-talk] Soft-jaw pliers

To: "Mullen, Tim \(IS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Soft-jaw pliers
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:36:44 -0500
Those "Plumbing pliers" look like they might do much of what I want.
Certainly they should work for small chromed or aluminum, etc. parts.  Maybe
my shower massage will finally stop spraying at its connections ;-)

I'd still like a set of aluminum or brass jaws too - maybe a soft-jawed pipe
wrench.  Right now I'm rebuilding some Girling Luvax shock absorbers and
they have large straight-knurled caps on each end.  I'm going to have to
bore a hole in some aluminum and then split it into two halves to make a
tool to remove those caps without marking them.

Karl