Re: [Shop-talk] pool cooler

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pool cooler
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:57:34 -0500
*I am another Texas pool owner who tries everything I can in the way
of "cool pool" ideas. . . My above-ground pool is small enough that a white
reflective cover can be fitted during the hottest part of the day and this
helps a bit.  I also run a portable fan all night that that wafts the
somewhat cooler air across the surface to hopefully absorb some of the heat
that's accrued during the day.  I've even bought home a big sack of crushed
ice and thrown it in the pool, still in the sack, just for the cool aura
that surrounds it for the 30 - 40 minutes 'til it melts. I'm still looking
for any other practical ideas to keep the pool from feeling like a "hot
tub".*
*Tony    *