Re: [Shop-talk] bead seating tool

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] bead seating tool
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:27:55 -0700
> The other useful trick, which doesn't involve explosions, is
> to put a large ratchet strap around the tread of the tire,
> and tighten it.  sometimes two are required.

That's the method I normally use (when anything is required, usually just
holding the tire is enough).  But for the two tires I mounted recently, it
didn't work.  Basically the first bead I put on got cocked while putting the
second bead onto the wheel.  I had to put it back on the bead breaker and
push one side down so I could bring the entire sidewall up evenly.

Decided that I would pay someone else to do the others <G>

Another trick that helps is to leave out the valve core, and just jam the
quick connect coupler directly onto the tire stem when seating the beads.
But you already knew that.

Randall