Re: [Shop-talk] Garage design help / decisions

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>, "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage design help / decisions
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 15:11:46 -0400
Talk to an experienced builder/framer. They will know what can & can't be
done. However, if your zoning requirements call for a structural engineer
then that may not count...

And one can certainly have a 'real' dormer with truss construction. A truss
company will be able to engineer what you want (or tell you to lay off the
wacky tobacco).

And, whatever you do, do not browse this website: www.garagejournal.com
Specifically the forum section. (you've been warned...)

My garage expansion project has started. Some photos here:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/570714378cIOpnc
Second story ("bonus room") floor trusses spanning 22' then roof trusses & 3
'real' dormers.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell