Re: [Shop-talk] Speaker signal out to RCA input

To: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Speaker signal out to RCA input
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:16:53 +0000 (UTC)
Does Sony currently use this XDR-F1HD unit (or one this good) as a front end in
table radio?  The review said they thought that is was used in the XDR-S3HD,
but that unit is apparently no nonger produced.

I have a Bose unit with CD changer at home and the front end on it is way
better than the receiver system I was using.  I was thinking of getting the
radio-only version for the office to replace the boombox I have here that has
real problems pulling FM stations in this building.  (Don't bother suggesting
streaming on my computer:  My employer has it blocked.)  If Sony has a radio
with real front-end performance for substantially less than the Bose, I'd take
a chance on it.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier