Re: [Shop-talk] Basic MIG Welding questions

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>, "Marc" <smarc@smarc.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Basic MIG Welding questions
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:31:24 -0600
I must have missed it in the manual the first time I read it. Upon review I
see that my Lincoln PowerMig 300 manual suggests:

(1) Take all the stuff that you have allowed to accumulate on the the top of
the welder and put it someplace else in the garage so that you can ...

(2) Swing up and open the gull wing doors so that you can ...

(3) Flip up the feed roller clamp so that you can ...

(4) Purge the system so that you can ...

(5) reverse step (3)  so that you can ...

(6) reverse step (2) so that you can ...

(7) reverse step (1) so that you can ..

(8) Now, if you can still remember what you were going to do in the first
place, do it.

(9) But next time you might consider using the Miller TIG machine because it
does have a purge setting on it.