[Shop-talk] High-temp electrical insulation needed

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] High-temp electrical insulation needed
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:10:00 -0500
Hey Guys,

I'm in need of some kind of high-temp electrical insulation.  Trying to
repair an electric stove-top.  The wiring to the heating elements has
some kind of braided insulation (maybe fiberglass?)  Manufacturing
defect got one too hot, and a 3" section of insulation is burned away.

I couldn't find anything at Lowes to fix it.  McMaster Carr has a couple
products that look promising:  high-temp braided fiberglass sleeve (no
mention of electrical properties), and high-temp silicone electrical
tape.  But I'd really like to get a hold of something locally this
weekend.  Suggestions?

   -Wayne