Re: [Shop-talk] Sub Zero (Was- Freon Leak detectors)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,"Matt Wehland" <mattw@webtripper.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sub Zero (Was- Freon Leak detectors)
From: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:39:27 -0500
Fridges that don't make ice; stoves that cook unevenly--brings up the
question:

Sub Zero, Viking, Wolf, Thermador, etc. are supposed to be the Snap-Ons of the
cooking industry.  Are they really that much better than the other brands out
there and are they deserving of the not-insignificant extra amount of money
they cost?

Gene (kitchen due for remodelling--wife wants bling)

Pat Horne wrote:
> On the bottom of the ice maker mold there is a thermal switch. If it
> is not working correctly it can cause the system to dump ice early or
> late.

Thanks for the info.
I will be house sitting for them soon and will check into this.

They do not use ice much, so they don't care.

I am a big ice user and it drives me nuts that such a nice unit can't
make decent ice.

They also have a 5 star stove/oven that bugs me.
I love the stove, but the oven's cook unevenly, you have to keep turning
your pan of cookies/muffins around.