Re: [Shop-talk] (yet another) air compressor question

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] (yet another) air compressor question
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 21:50:49 -0400
Marcus Pless wrote:
> I'm a bit skeptical of most of the current "oil less"
> compressors and have been looking for something with a more
> traditional motor/belt/compressor setup, with limited success.
> Can anyone recommend the current Craftsman/Lowes/Home Depot
> "oil less" compressors? I'm even considering something cheap
> from Harbor Freight until I can figure out what my actual
> needs are goind to be.
>
> Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

I bought the big CH oil-less and have had zero problems with it, but I'm
a light user.
<http://www.cpocampbellhausfeld.com/air_compressors/garage_air_compressors/wl6111.html>
And look, it is on sale in your price range.

Yes, it is noisier than the oiled compressors, but quieter than any
other oil-less I've heard. It's bearably loud. Supposedly it is a second
generation design that is made to be quieter than the standard oil-less
designs.

Jon