[Shop-talk] MIG welding Aluminum

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] MIG welding Aluminum
From: <nogera2@att.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:26:48 -0500
My current project is restoring some aluminum fenders.  They have some
cracks and small areas that will need to be welded.
I have a MIG welder ( Hobart 140) with  a CO2 tank.
I know that to weld aluminum I will need to get a Argon tank and aluminum
wire.

My questions:

   1. Will I have to get another regulator to go with the Argon tank or will
the CO2 regulator work?
   2. I've gotten pretty good welding steel sheet metal with my MIG, is
there a whole new learning curve learning to Mig weld Aluminum?
   3. Should I just surrender and farm the job out to a welder?

Thanks

Bob Nogueira