Re: [Shop-talk] creative moving/packing ideas

To: "'Brad Kahler'" <brad.kahler@141.com>, "'shoptalk'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] creative moving/packing ideas
From: "Paul Mele" <paul.mele@usermail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 00:50:10 -0400
<<I'm looking for creative ideas on what kind of boxing/packing ideas you
might have.  So far I've considered plastic totes, 55 gallon drums,
cardboard boxes, wood crates, etc.>>

part of this equation: consider buying a 40 ft steel shipping container
($800-3000); you can keep it for storage once you've moved, or re sell it
for close to what you paid for it...value depends on distance to shipping
facility, since that's a common source for used ones.
idea is similar to "PODS", but you do the work to buy/ keep/ sell.
we did this for last move; much cheaper than hiring the moving company for
all that stuff...the shipper of the container didn't care about the (huge)
weight, whereas the regular "household" mover did.