[Shop-talk] creative moving/packing ideas

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] creative moving/packing ideas
From: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:21:16 -0700
Later this fall we will be moving from Arkansas to Kentucky.  Part of
the move will be figuring out a way to box up and move everything in our
36' x 80' shop.  The shop is pretty much filled to the rafters with
Triumph car parts, hand and power tools of all kinds, work benches,
unfinished project cars, etc.  Needless to say its going to be a
daunting task.

I'm looking for creative ideas on what kind of boxing/packing ideas you
might have.  So far I've considered plastic totes, 55 gallon drums,
cardboard boxes, wood crates, etc.

Hopefully for obvious reasons I'd like to keep the cost as low as
possible (yeah I know fat chance!).

Anyway, if you have a creative idea on how to box up a shop like this
and move it 620 miles I'd sure like to hear about it!

Thanks,

Brad