Re: [Shop-talk] Quality Ratchets

To: "Tom Gunderson" <thgun@comporium.net>,<mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Quality Ratchets
From: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 18:17:35 -0700
Hi Shop Talkers,

This is one of those biased "I have been smoking unfiltered Camels for 30
years and they have not hurt me yet" type bromides, but I started off buying
SK tools as a kid as they were the best end wrenches I could find for
working on British motorcycles once they went to the fractional system. SK
box-end wrenches were the only ones I could find that would fit the base jug
nuts on the Triumphs, a whole bunch of nuts on the top end of the BSA B50's,
so I started buying them. The sockets and box-end wrenches are very thin
wall and will fit in places that most wrenches will not.

Over the last 30 plus years, I have found them to be the best wrenches on
the market. They are not cheap, but I don't feel ripped-off when I buy one.
They are a joy to use, particularly if you are working on old English bikes
and cars. They are more slender and the box ends are very thin.

And as I was proselytizing before, the SK Roto Ratchet is the best tool in
my garage.

Your mileage may vary.

best,

shook