Re: [Shop-talk] water heater troubleshooting

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water heater troubleshooting
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:16:49 -0700
Scott,

I strongly suspect it's the thermocouple.  If you want to check it out
before sending $10-15 on the part, jumper the thermocouple out with a pair
of alligator clips.  If she fires up, it's the thermocouple.  I would do
this before disassembling anything.  BTW - If Faye is raging, go buy the
part NOW.  The store may be closed soon.

BTW - As a responsible citizen, I must state that you should not leave the
safety jumpered out, as it can cause a dangerous situation, but you could
get at least one hot tank of water before disconnecting it, if you keep an
eye on it.

Jack