[Shop-talk] Oil in Vacuum resivor?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Oil in Vacuum resivor?
From: "John Innis" <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:54:33 -0500
Ok, so I've got this '95 Chevy S10 Blazer that was a hand me down from
my parents.   The truck seems to have vacuum problems, as the
ventilation system changes modes at high throttle and the automatic
transmission shifts late.  So I went looking for vacuum leaks today
and found several hoses rotted, including the one leading the vacuum
resivor ball.  In the process of replacing that hose I discovered the
ball was full of light oil.  Anyone know where this is coming from?
I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to be there, and I am wondering if
this is a cause or a symptom of my issues with this truck.