[Shop-talk] engine troubles

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] engine troubles
From: "Dan and Jenny Fest (Coles Nurseries Inc)"
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:26:49 -0400
We use three 'brush hogs' at work to keep the weeds down between the smaller
plants.  They are powered by 13 HP honda engines.  Over the last two weeks, 2
out of the 3 have seized up (can't pull the pull cord).  We check and change
the oil religously - every day. We've had this problem before and whenever we
take it to the dealer to be fixed they tell us there was no oil in the engine.
At first I believed them but when it kept happening, I got suspicious.  Now I
know that there is oil in the engine.  Any ideas why this might be happening
??  Does someone have a recommnedation of a better product.  We've used DR and
Billy Goat over the years.  The last one to be fixed had just had a new clutch
put on it.
Thanks,
Dan