[Shop-talk] Fw: Electrical fire waiting to happen

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Fw: Electrical fire waiting to happen
From: <shochschild@att.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:44:51 -0500
This sounds like prudent and important testing to me.

 It either works correctly, or it doesn't.  If it does, it was the easiest
 and most accurate way to make sure that specific breaker is thrown, and you
 do the work.

 If it doesn't work as it should, the failure will be happening when you are
 watching it, so you can stop it before the consequences are significant.
 Failure in the middle of the day when no one is home will have far more
 consequential consequences.

 Not only is this practice, I think it is best practice...