Re: [Shop-talk] sheared bolts...I hate 'em

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] sheared bolts...I hate 'em
From: ericm@lne.com
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 16:51:01 -0700
"EZ-outs" are shit.  Don't even bother.
They are hard all the way through and thus break very easily.
Then you have a hard chunk of steel in the middle of your bolt.

I use a dremel tool and a stone to grind a divot
in the center of the broken off bolt.  If it's not too hard
you can use a punch.  You want a good center in order to
center the drill.

Left hand drill bits are good but I've never gotten around
to buying any.  Even regular right hand drilling can
sometimes loosen up a stuck bolt.

Eric