Re: [Shop-talk] looking for small light bulbs

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] looking for small light bulbs
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:56:40 -0600
Steven,

Cold resistance of a bulb is much lower than hot resistance. That's why
most bulbs burn out when you turn them on.

While it may not have an exact correlation, I just measured the cold
resistance of a 130V 75W bulb and it measured 21 ohms. That would be 804
Watts cold filament dissipation. Using Ohms law, the resistance of a
130V 75W lamp will be 225 ohms hot, so you might be able to measure the
resistance of another lamp and multiply the resistance by 10 to get hot
resistance, but my measurements is just a sample of one. YMMV.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Steven Trovato:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001