Re: [Shop-talk] Home remodeling when you suck at interior design?

To: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>, "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Home remodeling when you suck at interior design?
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:35:57 -0600
corner,

I'd start with www.hgtv.com   they have sections for each room in the house
and a general "remodel' section that can guide you through some of what you
want to do... with lots of pictures  and even videos !!  another web site is
www.diy.com   much like hgtv with articles, how-tos and tool ads.

They also have lots of programs on their cable / satellite channel that
shows just what you're trying to do... make  an inexpensive remodel look
like a high dollar redo.   I personally hate that channel cause it gives my
wife too many ideas !

Next bet would be find a real paint store... Sherwin-Williams, Benjamin
Moore, etc   Lots of the larger stores have in store decorators that help
the design challenged individuals like you and me.  some of them even do in
house appointments.

Third choice is find a local school that teaches interior design and see if
they have a student that is willing to help you for the experience.    (hgtv
also has a show with that theme).

I don't think you'll get much help at home depot or Lowes, they just want to
sell you crap and make you mad cause you had to wait on their slow sorry
a**es..  sorry... I've got a problem with Lowes right now..

later
John