[Shop-talk] Aluminum Solder

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Aluminum Solder
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:26:46 -0600
 At  swap meets and trade days I have seen guys selling a aluminum solder
which comes in a rod form and is applied using a regular propane torch.  I
bought some years ago and remember it working fairly well.
For my current project I need some as I don't want to heat the aluminum up
any more than needed. I checked at my local old fashion, has almost
everything hardware store.
The owner says that he too has bought some from  a vendor at a  swap meet
and after trying it attempted to find a supplier to no avail.
 Anyone got a suggestion as to where I can find this stuff?
Also, isn't it strange that a product that has been around so long still
doesn't have a normal retail outlet?

Bob Nogueira

PS :  The project is a aluminum door for a Morgan and I need to solder the
corner edge about 1 inch long, any suggestions if I can't find the Swap Meet
Aluminum solder?