Re: [Shop-talk] Storing Stuff in Garage "Attic"

To: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Storing Stuff in Garage "Attic"
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:29:01 -0600
Jim,

There is a lot more that needs to be known before any suggested design
is presented. Whether you have snow in your area, or high winds will be
needed to be known at a minimum.

I suggest that you contact a local structural engineer to look at what
is now in place and draw up a set of plans for the modifications. It
will cost $100~$200 for the work, but you will be safe working under
whatever load is present in the attic. If you don't need to get a permit
to do the work, the engineer may be able to just sketch out what needs
to be done, or just tell you. both of which would cost less than formal
plans.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Jim Stone:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001