Re: [Shop-talk] Cheap Eastwood Soda Blasting Setup

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>, Steve Shipley
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cheap Eastwood Soda Blasting Setup
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:57:04 -0800
  Absolutely, it took me less than 2 minutes to figure out the
manufacturer of the Eastwood Soda Blaster and buy mine for $120 less
than EW. Some things at EW are EW only but that time is long gone now
and they only buy from others.  I did take me about 5 minutes to find
the manufacturer of their English Wheels but he claimed he had to
sell them for more than EW does so I would only save on shipping, I
still don't have one.

   I still buy from EW most of the time, their customer support is
the best with no competition even close but my loyalty does not have
a extra 0 in it when I can save $120, if it was $12 I would have gone
with EW just to support them.

   I know several people on the EW forum have given EW a bad time
about the cost of their kit to convert a blaster because its just
some minor plumbing parts, I got the small blaster so I am happy.

  I also have to agree with the one poster who said that doing the
entire car might be more work than its worth, for me its for doing
the small parts (although a 1934 Singer body is awfully small) and
also for doing some prep work on some car parts that I don't want
glass beads into, since cleanup of the soda is dead easy and it won't
harm the motor if I don't get it all out, with glass beads I
ultra-sonic clean the parts after glass beading and never had a
problem but often worried, with soda it can remain in if you want
since it will disolve in the oil, I wont try that though :)

         mike

At 07:59 PM 12/29/2007, Doug Braun wrote:
>That's definitely true!
>
>Doug
>
> > It seems to me that Eastwood products are often
> > found elsewhere at
> > considerable savings.
>
>http://www.team.net/archive

Mike Rambour