Re: [Shop-talk] Snake Light

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Snake Light
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:48:56 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Jimmie Mayfield wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 11:46:06AM -0800, Randall wrote:
>> WOW !  What a candy store !  Any idea which one you got ?  I've already
>> found 4 different ones, prices ranging from $5 to $9 and there's another 25
>> pages of LED & battery stuff to go ...
>
> They do have a lot of stuff, don't they?  Most of it is crap but there are
> some good values.  This looks like the headlamp I have:
>
> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.479
>
> They have some other LED lights that are worth looking at.  I have
> an older 1-mode Ultrafire C3 that I like a lot.  It puts all my incandescent
> lights to shame (including both my 6V lanterns).  Bang for buck, it's hard
> to beat.  Looks like it's been updated to include a 5-mode switch:

So this is a good time to mention these:

I've got a few of these I picked up at Harbor Freight (and thought they
were a good deal at $5/ea on sale, let alone at this price!).

They're awesome.  Small, so they fit places easily.  Rugged.  Pretty
bright.  Price is killer.

Every toolbox & car should have one.

Mark