Re: [Shop-talk] Well, I knew it was coming! (very shop related)

To: eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Well, I knew it was coming! (very shop related)
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:22:41 -0800 (PST)
About 14 years ago I worked overseas for a couple of
years, and my company paid for climate-controlled
storage of my '72 Spitfire.  When the assignment was
done, I didn't move back to Sunnyvale CA where I had
been living, so I had them deliver the car to a nearby
hotel, where I was visiting for a few days.  They
brought the car on a flatbed, and I immediately
checked the fluids, started it up, and began driving
up to Portland OR, about 660 miles away.  Apart from
the fact that the battery was mostly shot, the car
give me no trouble during the trip.

So I highly recommend climate-controlled storage.
There is much less moisture and no chance of
condensation, like you would get in a covered parking
space or unheated garage.

Doug