Re: [Shop-talk] The HammerKing

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The HammerKing
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:51:16 -0500
----- Original Message -----
> I'm no linguist, but I think it is German.

I sent that link to my niece a few weeks ago wondering what he was
saying... Here was her reply:

Hi, Uncle Eric!

Here's a rough translation.

Hi, handymen! Watch my fitting OBI Hammer commercial. [note: I gather
OBI is a brand of hammer. Maybe you already know this!] Keep an eye on
where the hammer hangs. And don't try this at home -- it would hurt.
Cool. [I think this is another voice off-camera that says this, when
the guy's balancing a hammer on his nose.]
[1st guy:] So, my nail's overhead. [not totally sure about this part,
but basic gist; this is before he starts juggling]
[2nd guy:] I'm getting excited. [<--before juggling, then after
hitting nail-->] Insanity, insanity! [etc.] Super! The hammer really
did it. How did you do that? [interspersed with 1st guy talking]
[1st guy, at end:] The finale of the hammer thrower. [as in, Ta-da!]

Hope that helps! That was fun to see. Steve has tried to learn
juggling, but never with hammers. :)

Love,
Mandy