Re: [Shop-talk] Update: Remote electric meter readout

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Update: Remote electric meter readout
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 06:36:54 -0700
> My garage lights need almost 500 watts, so I have resolved to redouble my
efforts not to leave them on by mistake :-)

My stairs to the second floor and the upstairs hall has a long string of
high hat lights with four switches to control it.  It is NINE lamps at 75
Watts each and the kids left it on ALL THE TIME.  I swapped out all of the
lamps, except the one right over the stairs for CFL's dropping this one
circuit draw from 675 to 195 watts.  I left the one over the stairs
incandescent so that the stairs were lit fully immediately.

Look for savings like these.

Jack