[Shop-talk] Trying to find a battery connector to fit thru a

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Trying to find a battery connector to fit thru a
From: "Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA" <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:31:35 -0700
I'm apparently not using the correct terminology because I've
spent well over an hour trying to find the following (with no success):

What I'm looking for I'm sure I've seen before, perhaps in a larger size
than what I need now.  I remember seeing aircraft type connections when
an APU could be connected to an aircraft by simply uncovering an opening
and inserting a two pronged (plus and minus) cable fitting from the APU
to the airframe.  I'm looking for something similar but only needing to
handle
12V, 70amp and 8ga wire.  I want to connect my HD car trailer battery to my
electric winch (enclosed trailer and the battery is inside the front
cabinets and
difficult to reach) thru the cabinet face.  Inside the cabinet the battery
will always
be hooked to the bulkhead fitting.  When I want to use the winch, I simply
attach it to the pin restraint in the floor and plug the cable into the
receptacle fitting
at the bulkhead.

Hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions out there?