Re: [Shop-talk] Trying to get tree stumps to rot

To: "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trying to get tree stumps to rot
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:33:00 -0500
*Good advise on making sure the stump is dead but use a brush & tree killer
herbicide.  "Roundup" is more for grass.*
**
*A couple of things I'm going to try to speed rotting are based on ol' timer
advise:*
**
*1. After the stump IS dead, keep the surface saturated with a high nitrogen
fertilizer solution.*
**
*2. Same deal,but use any form of sugar or molasses.*
**
*Both are based on accelerating decomposition and both require moisture to
work . . I thought about putting the product in some sort of woven plastic
bag in contact with the stump and keeping the sack wet.  Let's try it.*
*Tony*

**