Re: [Shop-talk] completely unrelated swimming pool

To: <scott.hall@comcast.net>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] completely unrelated swimming pool
From: "Paul Mele" <paul.mele@usermail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 07:06:25 -0400
<<5) (we're in north florida--never *cold* a few months of 'cool', maybe one
or two months that you wouldn't want to be outside wet and mostly naked)
pool heaters?  solar?  worth it?>>

My high school girlfriend's father was a general contractor...

He tied the ground-loop portion of a geothermal AC/ Heat system to a heat
exchanger (to isolate the two water loops) and the swimming pool...

Heat from house warmed the pool...
Or, if you prefer,
Cool from the pool cooled the house...

Anyway, the idea is that ambient air  as a source to dump the house heat is
much hotter than the pool water.
...more efficient way to have the heat where you want it.

Anyway, I plan to do this on my last house...expect to build in about 5
years.
You could let me know how it works for you...

Paul