[Shop-talk] TRANSFER SWITCH

To: "shop-talk\"" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] TRANSFER SWITCH
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 07:46:16 -0500
Had some questions last night about the switch

I was going to go home yesterday and get the specs/take a picture and post it
all today.  Of course I have no control over what I'm supposed to do when I
get home.. SWMBO is in control there..... maybe tonite.  This switch sells for
around 250-300 depending on vendor.

Basically  I had the switch in place next to my breaker panel, the portable
generator fed in thru 00 cable to one side of the switch, the local power
company to the other and the common back to the breaker box.

There is one 2" hole in the top where the generator conduit fed in and two 2"
holes in the bottom where
the meter fed  in and the line from the switch out  to the breaker box They
can be plugged if not necessary in your application.  It was mounted inside
the garage and never saw weather.  It's about 24" h x 18" w x 8" d .  All
aluminum housing.

I doubt that the switch has been 'thrown' more than a dozen times...  and
never when energized.

I'll take $150 and you pay the shipping...  I'll have to check on the weight
but being aluminum I doubt it weighs 25#s

I'll look at the data plate and post specs later,  Ronk doesn't show this
switch on their webpage but the do show a 200 a which is the same box with
different guts.  www.ronkelectrical.com   click on double throw switches at
the bottom of the page,,, left most picture on the page

more later

John