Re: [Shop-talk] Generator thread

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Generator thread
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 08:39:23 -0400
This is the unit I'm thinking of...

<http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_36914_36914>

My idea would be to have it mounted in the basement near a window.  In case
I need it, I would just back the tractor up to the window and have a shaft
to put though the window and attach it to the genny.

There is also another unit...

<http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_119923_119923>

Which could run my whole house (would I need to use the car lift during a
power outage? 8>) )
But it's rated for a 47 HP tractor and I only have 45hp.  8>(

Any suggestions?

FWIW, I hear the drawbacks on the pto mount, but my tractor is stored
inside, so it's not a pain to disconnect the current PTO device, then warm
the unit up and drive over to the house.  Since it's just a shaft that
would go though the window, there isn't much hook up there.  If I need the
tractor for something else, I'm back to no power, but it would be just for
the time I using the tractor, and I have other toys that I could use
instead.  8>)

Moose

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos